Total Pageviews

Monday, January 16, 2012

First Day Work as A Non Banker. 16.01.12

 
Wow! What a wonderful day today.
Today I start officially as a businessman and self-employed instead of as a salaried worker. No more bosses breathing down my neck or giving me untold stress and heartache.
In fact being a boss now, I will not do the very things that make me dislike my bosses.
So, started off today by taking over lunch to the Old Folk's Home and feeding a few of them. Then check out how the Home renovation was getting along. 
Well, since the Landlord is bearing the cost of the renovation, not only cannot cheat him but also must make sure that the renovation is done in order.
I just want the patients there to feel good. But half-way through I was given a bad news, one of the patient had fallen down last week and died 3 days later in hospital due to injuries to the head. I feel so sad. Just 2 weeks ago, she was happy and enjoying Christmas Carols and I had bought gifts for her. Today she has gone. 
I can only pray that the Christmas carollers from the 6 different churches that came one after another that one week before Christmas, and the sharing and testimonies they gave would have somehow touched her and she did not die without knowing about Christ or about eternal life.
Anyway, today not only learnt how to dispense medication to the old folks but so ngam, the District Hospital also decided to choose today as their visitation day. Four nurses in uniform had to be entertained and showed around the premises.
They came, saw, and gave recommendations on improvements of the Old Folks Home. Behave like the Public Bank ISO Auditors...hi...hi.... but friendlier... or definitely much friendlier.
Anyway, being my own boss, I had more free time too to do whatever I needed and yet continue with my work. Something I love. I am not tied down to an office desk nor do something to enrich the Bank.
Whatever I do now (or do not do) is to enrich my knowledge, enrich me spiritually and to enrich my health besides enriching my bank account. Yup, the better I perform here, the better it is for me, for my future and for the future of my family.
I have job satisfaction and NO REGRETS leaving the Bank. There is a sense of relief and joy and indescribable happiness.
If only I can share this feeling to more PBB staff, then possibly many more will resign the Bank immediately. For those of us who have left PBB, you would understand the special feeling.
Well, I ended work at 5.30pm. Much to my liking. So much done today but yet feel had so much ample time at the same time. I LOVE IT. Every minute of this new feeling.
Cheers everyone and enjoy yr Work Tomorrow.
Abang Del.

No comments:

Post a Comment