Total Pageviews

Monday, January 16, 2012

Thick of The Action 16.01.12

 
A politician is always in the thick of the action, and I was today!! 
Around 10pm, just as I was in my parents' home chit chatting over a can of.... 100 Plus (no beer - haram)..... we heard a loud "THUD" sound.
Immediately I grab a T-Shirt and together with my mom and dad ran out, and lo and behold there were people running from all directions too from the many houses within the Taman. Cars and motorcycles were stopping to see the carnage too.
One 4 wheel drive, one car and maybe two motorcycles were involved in an accident.
The road beside my house used to be one very quiet road but today it links as a short cut to many Tamans and even a link to the Eastern part of SP. So easily thousand of vehicles now ply this road daily.
I ran as fast as I could, there was broken glasses, the road was littered, the accident took both lanes and there were 2 groups of people screaming and crying. The saddest of this two groups was three young girls trying to drag a plump size lady by the hand who was lying motionless on the ground. Two other male victims were also lying on the ground, one right in the middle of the road while another was on the side. There was still person or persons coming out from the vehicles involved.
My mom, being the nurse, quickly checked the pulse of the youth nearest to her while I ran back and made 999 calls for the ambulance. I was one of the first few to arrive at the scene and was the first to call the emergency hotline. I could still hear people shouting and screaming, but everyone seems daze or "lost" at the moment.
After that call, I quickly ran back to the accident site and noticing a heavy build up in traffic, started calling the traffic police with my mobile phone while at the same time redirecting traffic with my other free hand.
Running all the 200 metres to the junction, I manage to stop more vehicles from coming in and at the same time helped to get the existing vehicles out of the jam and use an alternative route. Good thing I cleared the road as shortly after, the ambulance arrived and the road was cleared just in time for them. 
Now, if I had not done that, the ambulance would have been stuck and precious seconds would have been lost.
All 3 victims were taken away, and I just hope the best for them. Notwithstanding, I found out that Metro Hospital, one of the private hospitals rejected the ambulance from bringing in the victims.
The useless MCA Health Minister must explain why is this still happening in Malaysia! Why are the injured are "chased" away from private hospitals if they "look" serious in nature. Aren't the private hospitals equipped to handle such cases?
Or is money much more important for them? Is the Health Minister in cahoots with this Private Hospitals? If no, then why isn't any action taken despite the numerous occasions that this type of discrimination is highlighted over and over again? 
Shame on you Liow Ting Lai! 
Well, tomorrow looks like I will be busy lodging a police report for the rights of the people to obtain medical assistance from private hospitals. This is an injustice which has been allowed to fester under the Barisan Nasional regime. Privatisation has never been to the Rakyat's benefit in Malaysia!
Abang Del.

No comments:

Post a Comment